Thursday, July 8, 2010

4th of July Parade


The morning began quite early with last minute preparations, make up and hair.  Once we arrived at the parade staging area we decorated my mom's car with American Flags and placed my platform's banner (MaxlinKx) on the back of the car.  Excitement was in the air as the many parade entries lined the streets waiting for the parade to begin at 11:00.  Each entry was judged based on the type of entry (individual or group), presentation, music, candy, crowd response, etc.  To our amazement we won first place in the group category.  My Mom and I were grouped with my Dad and friends who rode is red, white and blue UTV's.

While I was waiting for the parade to begin, I noticed some other girls wearing crowns.  I walked over to them and introduced myself.  The girls were very nice and I learned that they were title holders from Susanville and Lassen County. We chatted for a little while, then we wished each other good luck in the parade.

The parade began with the blasting of a loud horn as we entered the parade route.  The streets were lined with thousands of people cheering and waving.  We tossed at least ten pounds of candy to the children and waved to the crowd until it felt like my arm was going to fall asleep.  My Mom and I had a fun filled day and I'm so happy to have been able to participate and promote my platform, MaxlinKx!

1 comment:

  1. CONGRATS, AWESOME JOB Grandma & Grandpa Redmon

    ReplyDelete